hellkvist.org Forum Index hellkvist.org
Discussions about the free software on hellkvist.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New user directory's not being created

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hellkvist.org Forum Index -> Peffisaur
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flagg0204

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: New user directory's not being created Reply with quote

Well I am %90 there. Emails are being forwarded to the peffisaur user and seem to be being parsed by recmail correctly. However users who create accounts are not having directory created for them. For example when i create a account "test" their should be a director ~/test for that user which is not being made. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im an idiot. Ther directorys are not really created Smile However i am still havin g and issue with mail getting to the msgstore folder. Is this where email should end up when emailed from a phone? Because right now mail is going to /home/peffisaur/.mail and I dont think thats where it should go
flagg0204

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Im an idiot. Ther directorys are not really created Smile However i am still havin g and issue with mail getting to the msgstore folder. Is this where email should end up when emailed from a phone? Because right now mail is going to /home/peffisaur/.mail and I dont think thats where it should go

Oops i forgot to login as myself before replying. By the my my recmail.log file has something that cught my eye, any ideaws?

procmail: Error while writing to "/home/peffisaur/recmail.pl"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/home/peffisaur/recmail.pl"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/home/peffisaur/.maildir/new/1097163435.26961_2.XXXXXX

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flagg0204 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Oops i forgot to login as myself before replying. By the my my recmail.log file has something that cught my eye, any ideaws?

procmail: Error while writing to "/home/peffisaur/recmail.pl"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/home/peffisaur/recmail.pl"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/home/peffisaur/.maildir/new/1097163435.26961_2.XXXXXX

A little more info that I found. Procmail is sending all messages to /home/user/.maildir directory, instead of msgstore (that is where it is supposed to go?) directory. Any ideas as to what would cause this??
Peffis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the recmail.pl executable, really place in /home/peffisaur/recmail.pl and finally also readable by, say any user (at least the user procmail is running as)?

Try a chmod a+xr /home/peffisaur/recmail.pl

Apart from that, if recmail.pl fails somehow the email will get rerouted to the mailbox instead. That's how procmail usually does it. So there might also be a problem with recmail.pl. For instance, there is an error in recmail.pl in the latest uploaded release of Peffisaur. An error that has been corrected but only posted in this forum. Try and search for recmail.pl in this forum. Check out this thread for instance: http://www.hellkvist.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52&highlight=recmail+pl+strlen
If you grab the recmail.pl that I posted there you'll get a few fixes on known issues.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hellkvist.org Forum Index -> Peffisaur All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: