hellkvist.org Forum Index hellkvist.org
Discussions about the free software on hellkvist.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting MMS to where they need to go...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hellkvist.org Forum Index -> MMS Diary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biscuit

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Getting MMS to where they need to go... Reply with quote

Hello,

OK. (Deep breath).

I've got the MMS Diary setup on my site/server i may just be stupid ( ok i am been using PHP for about 4 days ) but how do i get my MMS/Email messages to the correct place. I don't need to be able to send any MMS all i want is for people to be able to send MMS/Email to an address then display the ( inevitably dodgy ) MMS's on the page. I work for a mobile phone retailer so this would be a great addition to my site for me and the other 20 or so people I work with across the area, that have access to two or three mobiles at any one time.

OK; my dilemma:

My understanding of it is- the code reads and displays any MMS/MMS Email that it can find in the "msgstore" dir.

How do it setup my email to dump my selected mail into that dir?

That time you have put in to this software looks like more than just time well spent judging by all the sites I’ve look at that use it. Thanks Smile
mwright

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm - not sure that MMS-Diary has all the functionality you want.

I would suggest that you take a look at peffisaur which is peffis's successor to MMS-Diary.
Biscuit

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Getting MMS to where they need to go... Reply with quote

The reason i need to use the MMS diary and not Peffisaur is i only have database access for one data base on my server space.

Biscuit
biscuit

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Getting there Reply with quote

Right i now know that i have to add a new table to my exsisting database for it to work.

Day 5 is getting intresting.

How do i add a table to my DB.

Biscuit
Peffis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you only have one database on your webhost you can still squeeze the peffisaur tables into that same database. I've always wondered why thy put this limitation on "number of databases" on webhosts as, with some proper naming of tables there really is no limitation.

Creating tables then...well...you probably have phpMyAdmin on your webhost. There you can probably just create tables my clicking around. Otherwise you will need to invoke the "create tables" commands that I have written in the setup_tables.sql file that is included with Peffisaur.

Another way is of course for you to rewrite the mail receiving code and store that in the simple file mode fashion that MMS Diary uses. But it really is better with a proper database in this case.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hellkvist.org Forum Index -> MMS Diary All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: